The Question Book (Part 5 of Plenty) : PICK YOUR THREE

PICK YOUR THREE
(Part 5 of Plenty of my answers to The Question Book.)

3 places where you have lived
  • Davao, Philippines ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ - Born & raised there and was there until I was 20.
  • Manila, Philippines ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ - Been living here for 17 years and counting.
  • Chennai, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ - Lived there for 6 months because of a job.

3 of your fave books
  • "You're a Bad Ass at Making Money" ๐Ÿค‘ by Jen Sincero - Got me back on track with my financial goals and made me realize that I should not be ashamed of wanting more of it. I'll share what I learned on another blog.
  • "Leaders Eat Last" ๐Ÿฝ by Simon Sinek - I recently had an experience when a friend had a taste of power and got consumed by it and became so arrogant, self-centered and pretentious that I decided to stay away from. So this book resonated with me before I took a job that would put me higher up on the leader seat. It's the kind of leadership I want to emulate.
  • "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown - this book started my collection of conspiracy theory, history-based fiction books.  

3 films that you can watch again and again
  • My Best Friend's Wedding ๐Ÿ‘ฐ 
  • Inside Out ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • Marvel movies ๐Ÿฆธ‍♀️๐Ÿฆธ‍♂️ 

3 TV series where you haven't missed an episode
  • Outlander ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ 
  • Frankie & Grace ๐ŸŽญ 
  • Mr. Sunshine ☀️ 

3 music albums that have changed your life
  • Spice of Spice Girls also on cassette tape - Theirs was the first album that I've ever bought. Playing the tape on my walkman kept me sane while riding the company bus blasting endless Indian songs while I was working in India for 6 months. ๐Ÿ˜
  • In Blue of The Corrs on cassette tape - Theirs is also the first concert I've ever been to.
  • ๅฐไฝ ๆ„›ไธๅฎŒ (Loving You Forever) of Aaron Kwok - He was my first Mandarin singer crush. ๐Ÿ˜ Listening to chinese songs and singing along by reading the lyrics helped improved my mandarin reading skills. ๐Ÿ˜œ This also kicked off my appreciation for Mandarin songs of other artists like Wang Lee Hom (another looker). ๐Ÿคฃ

Look at your iPhone : What are the last 3 songs that you played?

  • "Smiling When I Die" by Sasha Sloan ♪
  • "Good Thing" by Zedd ft. Kehlani ๐ŸŽต - Love the lyrics. Can totally relate. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ
  • "Lie" by Lukas Graham ♩

What are the 3 most-played songs?

As of Sep 2019 ...
  • Truth Hurts by Lizzo
  • Dancing in the Moonlight cover by Jubel, NEIMY
  • Imposible by KZ Tandingan

3 games that you like to play?

  • Taboo - Used to play it for 2-3 yrs with my cousins.
  • Solitaire - Was the first card game that I knew how to play.
  • Diner Dash - Was my fave strategy video game. I literally spend 2-3 days straight to finish all the stages for each version.

3 of your fave drinks?
  • Coffee - In all its variance. Americano ☕️, latte, flat white, gibraltar, cold brew, etc.
  • Tea - My love for tea started when my dad introduced me to Tieguanyin Chinese Oolong tea when I was young. He added a teaspoon or 2 of condensed milk ๐Ÿฅ› to a cup of oolong and I was hooked! Then I tried the Chai Latte at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf which I also liked. Love the Japanese Toasted Rice Green Tea. ๐ŸŒพ  Also love anything Green Tea ๐Ÿƒ and the Japanese variants like Matcha ๐Ÿต & Hojuicha ๐Ÿ‚. Been into ginger tea lately coz I like the warmth it gives me especially when it's rainy ☔️. Reminds me of the tea they served me after my massage at The Spa. ๐Ÿ’† And I've recently discovered Honey Peach Tea ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ‘ of Starbucks Reserve ๐Ÿงœ‍♀️ during this year's trip to Shanghai and I found a more economical option at a market where I bought some stash. 
  • Water - Ever since I matured enough to veer away from sugary drinks ๐Ÿฅค, I've taught myself to just ask for water ๐Ÿ’ฆ when eating out instead of juice or soda. And while doing the intermittent fasting albeit intermittently too, glugging a lot of water ๐Ÿ’ง keeps my tummy from grumbling.  

3 brands that you like to buy?
  • Uniqlo - For clothes. ๐Ÿ‘š Practical, minimal, comfy. Sign of my aging. ๐Ÿ‘ต 
  • Longchamp ๐ŸŽ - For bags. ๐Ÿ‘œ Practical, minimal, light. Another sign. ๐Ÿ‘ต 
  • iPhone - For phones. ๐Ÿ“ฑ Not practical coz pricey but love the intuitiveness of the iOS user interface. Love all the apps that made me more productive and my life much easier. Yes, without my phone ... it's like I'm missing a limb. ๐Ÿ– 

3 of your fave local restaurants

For my comfort food ...
  • Ramen Nagi - For its no fail, soul satisfying ramen. ๐Ÿœ 
  • Cafรฉ Mary Grace - For its Tomato ๐Ÿ… & Basil ๐ŸŒฟ pasta. ๐Ÿ 
  • Din Tai Fung - For its crispy sweet & sour chicken ๐Ÿ“, sautรฉed string beans and hot & sour soup. ๐Ÿฅต 
  • Souv (bonus) - For its Roka Salata salad ๐Ÿฅ— and tender and flavorful grilled sous vide pork chop. ๐Ÿท 

3 things that are always on your to-do list :
  • Eat ๐Ÿฅ˜ 
  • Coffee ☕️ 
  • Travel ✈️

3 things that irritate you about other people :
  • Late - Inconsiderate for my time. ⏰
  • Whining Debbie Downers ๐Ÿคจ - Depresurrizing with negative rants ๐Ÿ˜ค from time to time is okay. But constant ranting without any action to rectify the cause is just complaining. ๐Ÿ˜ซ Constant complaining and playing the helpless victim role is just whining. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿค
  • Unmotivated Sloths - The "Sad" character ๐Ÿ˜” of the movie "Inside Out" comes to mind. ✌️๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

3 fave topics of conversation at the moment :
  • FIRE ๐Ÿ”ฅ - Stands for "Financial Independence Retire Early". I want to find more income streams to support me during my retirement hopefully sooner than later.
  • Ikigai - It roughly means the "thing that you live for" or "the reason for which you get up in the morning". It's easiest to think about ikigai as an intersection, the common ground between : what you LOVE ๐Ÿ’›, what you're GOOD AT ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ, what the WORLD NEEDS ๐ŸŒ that can GET YOU PAID ๐Ÿ’ฐ. I might as well be searching for the Holy Grail ๐Ÿ† myself. ๐Ÿ˜…
  • Self Improvement - Trying to keep myself sane by correcting and improving my mindset on things that stresses me out. ๐Ÿ˜– Chanting, "If it won't matter in 5 years, it's not worth worrying for more than 5 minutes. Let it go. Aummmmmm ... ๐Ÿง˜‍♀️"

3 of your fave shops :
  • Grocery Store ๐Ÿ›’
  • Convenience Store - Especially when in Japan ๐Ÿ™ and Taiwan.
  • Dollar Store or the likes - Daiso, Mumuso, Miniso, Nomรฉ

3 things you typically do when you're bored :
  • Scroll through Facebook and Instagram. ๐Ÿ“ฒ 
  • Watch Netflix ๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿฟ 
  • Search random stuff on the web. Usually, where to go next. ๐Ÿงณ✈️

3 things you would like to do before you die :
  • Tick off the rest of the go-to places on my bucket list. ๐Ÿ“ 
  • Go to all those places with my folks or whoever wants to come along.
  • Bid my last farewell ๐Ÿ‘‹ to all those I care about. In a happy way. ๐Ÿ˜Š I don't want a sobfest.

Comments

Popular Posts