The Question Book (PART 3 OF PLENTY)



Part ⓷ of Plenty of my answers to The Question Book.

RITUALS & ROUTINES

When do you normally wake up and go to bed on weekdays?

🌀5:30 AM alarm, snooze, snooze, snooze, 6:30 AM wakeup πŸ˜…
🌜In bed by 9:00 PM latest, watch TV or troll through FB and IG πŸ“²until I fall asleep probably around 10 or 11PM. But if I watched a series on Netflix, I might not sleep until 2-3AM the next day or no sleep at all. 

When do you normally wake up and go to bed on weekends?

🌀No alarms. But body clock wakes me up around 5:30AM. ⏰
🌜Depends on what I'm doing during the day. If I have been out and about, I'd be in bed just like the weekdays around 9:00PM and be on the internet until I fall asleep. If I have stayed in the house just doing chores or watching Netflix all day, it means I'd have my afternoon nap. So I might go to bed around 11:00PM.

What is your favorite time of day? Why?

Weekdays πŸ’Ό: 5:00PM when I usually get off work. I'd be thinking about where I'll have my dinner while walking to the mall before I head home.
Weekends πŸ’†πŸ»‍♀️: 6:00AM when I usually wake up and excited to start the day doing whatever I want.

Your fave sleeping position :

Ever since I had my knee injury, 🦡 full body face down position ceased to be comfortable.
So now I usually sleep on my sides with a pillow in between my legs. πŸ›

Do you have any funny habits? :

Whenever I'm in deep thoughts, my hand just goes straight into my hair searching for baby hairs sticking out or the super curly ones and pull them out 1 by 1. πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️  Don't ask me why because IDK. Don't worry, I still have a full head of hair. Or maybe that's just because I haven't been in too deep a thought much. 😜

What do you normally do when you are pondering a difficult decision?

First part already answered in the previous question.
Second part is I mull about it for days. Dissect the situation and the options. Mentally list all the pros and cons. Risk assessment. Risk mitigation plan. Lose sleep over it. 😳 Pray about it. πŸ™πŸΌ Take the plunge with fingers crossed 🀞🏼 and hope to heck that it all works out.

What do you wear when you want to look attractive?

Dresses. πŸ‘— And to think that I used to hate wearing a skirt, much more a dress. 

Describe a perfect evening :

Doing my own version of hygge πŸ•― whether at home or out somewhere. Whether alone or with friends. Peaceful, calm, relaxing. Having a nice view πŸƒ would be a nice bonus.

A fave ritual from your childhood :

I can't think of any right now. πŸ€” 

Is there a ritual that you would like to start?

Meditation. 🧘🏻‍♀️ I want to learn how to calm and silence my mind and just be. I have some nights when I have no sleep at all. Netflixing is not the cause. It was just the means to shut up my thoughts.

I used to laugh about the need to meditate. I really thought it's boring and one might as well just snore.

Well, I'm not laughing now. But I still don't know how to start meditating and how to make it work for me. I have just bought a book that's supposed to introduce and simplify meditation to readers. πŸ“– Let's see how that works out.

What ritual have you given up?

Does always having rice 🍚 for breakfast on weekdays count?
Otherwise, I still can't think of any right now either.

Other people's ritual that you find ridiculous :

As mentioned above, meditation. 🧘🏻‍♀️ I'm looking forward to changing my own mind about it.

But the crystals πŸ’Ž recharging and sage smoking 🚬 together with chants thing is still beyond me. Those might be the next things I need to wrap my heads around to be less judgemental about them.

(GUILTY) PLEASURES

What do you usually order to drink at a bar?

If the bar serves coffee, tea or juice ... probably those. 😜
If they only alcoholic drinks, Baileys on the rocks πŸ₯ƒ, beer 🍺 or any cocktails 🍹 that are a bit sweet.
In a higher-end bar or speakeasy 🀫, anything that looks pretty. 🍸 #forinstagramsake

When was the first time you got drunk?

I rarely get drunk since I have the Asian Red (allergic to alcohol). πŸ‘Ί Whenever I turn red and uncomfortable, I stop drinking alcohol and just drink water.

When did I go past that and get really drunk? After I broke my engagement. πŸ’ I booked 2 hotel rooms using my hotel mileage for me and my friends. Bought 2 big bottles of Jose Cuervo tequila. 🍾 Drank 4 straight shot one after the other. Got wasted and sobbing in no time. Curled up in a ball under the bedside table. My friends dragged me up into bed to make me more comfortable. But I crawled back under the bedside table eventually. That was certainly one for my books. πŸ˜…

What's your fave bar? Why do you go to this bar?

Lately, I really like the @backroomph speakeasy. 🀫 It's just 2 blocks from my place. It has classy gatsby-ish interiors. No one is allowed to smoke in it. Bar food is good. Drinks are IG-pretty. πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ


Your worse experience with drugs :

I have no experience with any substance that can be categorized as "drugs". 🀷🏻‍♀️

Your most exciting experience with drugs :

None. Because of the above-stated reason.

What drug would you take if it didn't have any side effects?
  • Mary Jane. Marijuana. Cannabis. Just want to chill like a rasta, man. ☘️
  • Mind expanding psychedelic drugs like LSD. πŸ’Š The "heightened state of consciousness" intrigues me. 🧠 
Are you addicted to anything?

My drug of choice right now is sugar 🍬 , carbs 🍜 and coffee ☕️ .

Can you deal with it or do you need to give it up?

I need to cut down my sweets addiction. πŸ™…πŸ»‍♀️

Something that you used to be addicted to but aren't anymore:

Soda. Pop goes the weasel. πŸ₯€

How did you manage to quit?

I just stopped buying them. I might sneak a few sips here and there from time to time when it's readily available for me to pour some. Especially after having a meal that makes me crave for something fizzy and sweet. But I water it down with cold water. Some times I just substitute with soda water and lemon when the occasional craving kicks in.

What do you do to treat yourself?

Ordinary days, I treat myself to a good hearty meal. πŸ₯˜ 
Special days, massage. πŸ’†πŸ»‍♀️ If budget permits, spa with all its frou-frous. Aaaaahhh ...
Extra special days, travel. ✈️ If on a budget, a staycation at a posh hotel.






Comments

Popular Posts